Tuesday, January 1

Jesse



I have a passion to see the world.

I am young. I am single. I travel the bush of Africa.

From the tropical coastlines and desolate interior to the Sahara Dessert in western Africa, I witness missionaries surviving in the roughest conditions share the love of Christ through humanitarian aide, friendship and evangelism. I worked for two and a half years in multi-media communications.

I learned that I can go four days with just a bucket, but after that it gets really hard to not think about taking a shower.

Traveling around Africa, I am in searching of where God is at work to find inspirational stories and photographs. Through stories that I write, I hope others find where they, too can be used by God and better understand his calling in their lives.

In fall of 2008, I moved to East Africa.

Part of my job is not just observation but partaking in the work of these dedicated missionaries. For this reason I attended a training program called 40/40.

I’m excited to see what’s going to happen at 40/40. After living in West Africa for two and a half years I can’t wait to experience the culture in this part of Africa. How much is the same? What is different? Will the cultural things I learned in West Africa carry over?